2019 RECITAL PACKET “OF COURSE I CAN…I’M A GIRL!"
This is your recital packet-PLEASE DO NOT LOSE! I have tried to include everything that you could possibly need to know in an easy to read way.
So, first things first-lets lead up to the big day!
(1) All accounts must be paid in full or we cannot allow participation in the recital.
(2) We cannot accept checks after June 1st. I am so sorry for this, but you would not believe my bad experiences with checks being returned by the bank after the recital date. Cash, credit, debit card only.
(3) All audience members need a ticket into the show, NO ACCEPTIONS. Dancers do not need a ticket, however, they do need their dancer pass! This is free and will be given out on costume day when you purchase your half price ticket. Adult tickets $15. Child tickets $7 (ages 3-12).Tickets sold now thru rehearsal morning. Tickets also sold at door recital evening. Cash or credit or debit cards only. **if you lose your discounted ticket, you must purchase another at full price.
(4) Your schedule for rehearsal and recital is in this packet. Practices are mandatory, if you have a problem, please come see us!
ONE WEEK BEFORE RECITAL:
(1) Make sure all costumes, shoes, etc are labeled with dancer name. This helps avoid any confusion or switches in dressing room and helps us if things are left behind after recital.
(2) Make sure all costumes are wrinkle free and straps are secure, etc.
(3) Pack a laundry basket with lots of stuff you may need. A towel to stand on to avoid dirty tights, baby powder to help get tights on, extra bobby pins, safety pins, scissors, baby wipes, toilet tissue, etc. You may want to avoid tote bags, hard to see in if you are in a hurry. Zip lock freezer bags are great to tote a lot of these items in, including make up.
(4) Don’t forget to make sure all accounts are paid-we do not take tuition or past due money the day of rehearsal (it is too hectic).
LAST WEEK OF CLASS:
(1) We run a different schedule the last two weeks of class. We have certain age groups come together, this way the younger dancers get used to the noise and a larger number of dancers. Backstage moms need to be present for their class. It is a great practice time and it goes a long way to alleviate nerves! And the dancers have a lot of fun! Unless you are a backstage mom, we ask that you do not stay the week of June 4th. It gets too crowded, noisy, etc. We, respectfully, ask that you bring your child in to visit the restroom, give them a smooch and then walk them into the dance area with us. Please try not to come earlier than 10-15 minutes before the practice time. Once they come in, they are stuck with us until you come back. To avoid crowds and confusion, each class has a dismissal time in 5-10 minute intervals. Your pick up times will be posted on the downstairs door when you arrive! You may either run an errand or you can sit in the parking lot. For your practice times, please see the schedule that was posted. If you need an extra schedule, you may print one out from our website .
IT’S HERE! OUR BIG DAY! SATURDAY, JUNE 8TH –REHEARSAL MORNING:
The morning of recital, we rehearse on stage (Charleston Municipal Auditorium).
(1) This practice is mandatory. IT IS NOT A DRESS REHEARSAL! DANCERS MAY DANCE BAREFOOT OR IN TENNIS SHOES.
(2) Give yourself plenty of time to reach Charleston. You can park at the Town Center Mall or in the Municipal parking lot. If your park at the Municipal auditorium, please bring plenty of change for the meters and be prepared to check the meters. They are very quick to give tickets for expired meters!!
(3) We rehearse our show out of order, that way you have a short rehearsal time and can go home and relax. Your rehearsal time is:
9:00-10:15a.m. Mon 5:45, Wed 5:30, Thurs 5:45, Thurs 6:20
10:30-11:30. Tuesday 5:30, Wed 6:15
10:45-1:30 Mon 6:30, Tues. 7:15, Tues 8:15, Wed 7:15 Thurs Adults, Friday 6:30
(4) When you arrive at the Auditorium, use back door (at parking lot). Visit restroom and then immediately go out stage side doors and have a seat. We begin our rehearsal on time. We will go over a few things first-things that you need to know for that evening: dressing rooms, mommy section, etc. Make sure that you find your dressing room before you leave rehearsal so you are familiar with it! After your last dance at rehearsal, you are ready to go. A nap is a wonderful idea for all dancers
. **WE START REHEARSAL PROMPTLY AT 9:00. PLEASE BE ON TIME TO HEAR ALL IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
YOUR DRESSING ROOM NUMBER IS:
BASEMENT: Mon 5:45, Tues 5:30, Wed 5:30, Thurs 5:45 & 6:20
BACKSTAGE: Tues teens, & adults
#1 Mon 6:30
#2 Tues 7:15
#3 Wed 6:15
#4 Wed 7:15/Fri 6:30
(1) Dancers must be back to the Municipal Auditorium at 5:30p.m. The show starts promptly at 6:30p.m.
(2) Come dressed in your first costume. Place belongings in dressing room, take pictures, etc. Please take your child to the restroom. Please bring your dancer to the backstage area and look for the backstage mom for your class. Once your dancer is seated, you may find your seat out front and relax! The backstage moms will watch over classes. Just be backstage to collect your dancer after their number. **Once you have collected your dancer, you may either put something (shirt or robe) over costume or go ahead and change into next costume with a shirt or robe over and go out to audience to watch dances.
***We line up dances 7 numbers at a time. Order of dances will be posted on our front door and website for the last 2 weeks.. We do not require that dancers stay backstage the whole recital. This way dancers can put something over costume and watch some of the show! You must have your dancer backstage 7 numbers prior to their dance. Please look for your dances and make note of when you need to come backstage. Every year we have backstage moms looking for some of their dancers for their class! It is your responsibility to have your child backstage in time! We do not hold dances!
INTERMISSION IS FOR AUDIENCE ONLY. WE START LINING UP DANCES BACKSTAGE DURING THIS TIME!
(3) When you arrive at auditorium, enter thru side glass door closest to mall. NO ONE IS ALLOWED THRU BACK DOOR!! The entrance will be marked DANCER ENTRANCE. Dancer and one parent is allowed thru this entrance. Dancer must show dancer pass and parent must have ticket. All other audience are allowed thru main front doors when they open. Have your tickets ready for usher.
(4) ENJOY THE SHOW!!
A FEW RULES:
(1) NO costumes in audience. We want our audience to enjoy the show on stage, not cute little ones roaming the audience! Just put a large shirt over costumes. No headpieces or tap shoes in audience.
(2) NO food or drinks in auditorium! Their rules! If you have something in dressing room, please only water or an easy snack, Remember costumes-nothing messy like chocolate or soda! Please throw away all bags, wrappers, etc. This helps us-we have to clean all dressing rooms after the recital.
(3) NO Flash photography in audience-please pass this on. It startles dancers on stage. You may take pictures, just no flash! NO video cameras please. We have a gentleman who videos recital and pieces of rehearsal and back stage moments! These are very nice videos. Order form on back of packet and he will also be taking orders at recital!
(4) No seat saving! A few seats are great, but no rows! Let me explain……
(5) Please be kind and courteous-everyone gets a little nervous!
SOME WONDERFUL STUFF:
(1) Curtain Call-We would like to have as many stay to the end of our show. We like for the girls with dances at the end of the show have a large audience. We also like for your dancer to participate in a great big curtain call-they can come back on stage for a final bow.
(2) Mommy Section-We mark off a small section of audience for mommies to sit in during their dances, makes it easy to collect children from stage. DON’T FORGET TO INVITE LOTS OF PEOPLE! We have invitations ready to pass out! Fill the auditorium for these wonderful dancers!
Just a little note of thanks-I just want to take a moment to thank you so much for this past year. I appreciate your patience SO very much!! Your babies mean more to us that you will ever know. And believe me, once I spend a season with a dancer, I never forget them! Your dancers will be part of my life even when I am an old, old, old woman. Have the most wonderful nite ever! Laugh and sing and be proud and dance if the Spirit moves you!
Love from the bottom of my heart!